This collection of 101 parenting quotes are inspiring and motivating as you tackle the utmost important job on the earth. These parenting quotes from authors and celebrities are good and inspirational. They'll lift you up in a dark moment and give you the strength you need.
001. “Encourage and support your kids because children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.”
Lady Bird Johnson
002. “Parenting without a sense of humor is like being an accountant who sucks at math.”
005. “For me, being a mother made me a better professional, because coming home every night to my girls reminded me what I was working for. And being a professional made me a better mother, because by pursuing my dreams, I was modeling for my girls how to pursue their dreams.”
009. "The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.”
010. “Motherhood has completely changed me. It’s just about like the most completely humbling experience that I’ve ever had. I think that it puts you in your place because it really forces you to address the issues that you claim to believe in and if you can’t stand up to those principles when you’re raising a child, forget it.”
011. “Dad needs to show an incredible amount of respect and humor and friendship toward his mate so the kids understand their parents are sexy, they’re fun, they do things together, they’re best friends. Kids learn by example. If I respect Mom, they’re going to respect Mom.”
012. “Motherhood was the great equalizer for me; I started to identify with everybody… as a mother, you have that impulse to wish that no child should ever be hurt, or abused, or go hungry, or not have opportunities in life.”
013. "Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.”
014. “People expect you to change when you become a mother, and of course my priorities changed when I had Violet. She’s number one in my life and the best thing that ever happened to me, but I still have fun. I am still myself, but that is made out to seem like I am rebelling against motherhood.”
015. "If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.”
016. “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
017. "The best way to make children good is to make them happy.”
018. “When a man dies, if he can pass enthusiasm along to his children, he has left them an estate of incalculable value.”
019. “Children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.”
Lady Bird Johnson
020. "It is time for parents to teach young people that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.”
023. "Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they're already asleep."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr
024. "There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one."
025. "Having a child is like getting a tattoo...on your face. You better be committed"
026. “When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.”
027. "Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them."
028. "You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance."
Franklin P. Adams
029. "Having children is like living in a frat house — nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up."
030. "There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."